I don't have time to do pictures today but I thought I would share about the storm that came through last night. By the way, the hostel here is closed till March so I am staying at a convent down the road.
I woke up at 2:30 when a bright light flashed through my room. It turned out to be lightening and the thunder falled almost immediately behind. I could not believe how powerful it was. It was magnificent but scarry at the same time. It must have been right over the convent because the walls and windows shook. I could feel the thunder through my body booming for 10-15 seconds. Then it was pretty quiet. Then about 5 minutes later I saw lightening again but not so bright this time and the thunder took a little bit longer to follow but still powerful. It did not shake the windows or walls but it was so very loud. It was passing though. I watched and listened as the lightening got dimmer and dimmer and the thunder got quieter. I ended up falling asleep again around 3:30am.
This morning a big dark cloud was coming in and there was lots of grumblings up above. When I was in one of the museums I looked outside after a loud crash sound from the sky and all of the sudden it started hailing like I have never seen before. I was glad I was inside for sure. It is now sunny and blue grey skies. It is nice to walk around.
No comments:
Post a Comment