Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2nd Day in Italy

Well I almost got discouraged the first day but everything is getting better. Assisi is a very beautiful town. I decided to skip Sienna and spend another night in Assisi. My room is nice and the woman who runs the place is sweet. She does not speak any English so our communication is limited but she loves plants. She has an outdoor garden that is nice to come home to.

I have not tried much of the food yet but it is very different from the US, even a panini is different. I had a prosciutto and cheese panini for lunch and it was very tasty.

It has taken some getting used to but I am getting better at finding things and knowing where things are. Its pretty cold but it warms up a bit during the day. I get sweaty walking up all the hills all day. There are hills everywhere. But its worth it to see the architecture and hidden pieces of history everywhere. You never know what the next tunnel or turn will provide. I have taken some pictures but I am not sure if I can upload them here. I will have to figure that out tomorrow.

Well I am almost done with my tea and I am going to go find some dinner.

No comments: